Black Lotus Brewing and Hop Head Farms
is excited to present....
The First Annual CRAFTCOM Homebrew Competition!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN (See Below)
The 1st Annual CRAFTCOM Homebrew Competition is BJCP registered and sanctioned.
- Entry into the CRAFTCOM Homebrew Competition is open to any amateur homebrewer age 21 or older.
- Entry into the CRAFTCOM Homebrew Competition is open to Michigan/Metro Detroit homebrewers that are able to deliver entries.
- Two bottles per entry are required. (A 3rd bottle for beer entries is recommended, but not required. 12oz brown glass bottles are preferred. Bottles will not be returned to entrants.
- All mailed entries must received at either BLACK LOTUS BREWING or CAP N CORK by the entry deadline.
- All entries must be handcrafted products, containing ingredients available to the general public, and made using private equipment by hobbyist brewers (i.e., no use of commercial facilities or Brew on Premises operations, supplies, etc.).
- The competition organizers reserve the right to combine styles for judging and to restructure awards as needed depending upon the quantity and quality of entries.
- Qualified judging of all entries is the primary goal of our event. Judges will evaluate and score each entry. The average of the scores will rank each entry in its category. Each flight will have at least one BJCP judge.
- The competition committee reserves the right to combine categories based on number of entries. All possible effort will be made to combine similar styles. All brews in combined categories will be judged according to the style they were originally entered in.
- The Best of Show judging will be determined by a Best of Show panel based on a second judging of the top winners.
The competition committee reserves the right to combine categories based on number of entries. All possible effort will be made to combine similar styles. All brews in combined categories will be judged according to the style they were originally entered in.
Entry Registration is OPEN below
Entries are capped at 50 and each individual can enter no more than 2 beers.
The Beer Styles will be BJCP guided and will fall into the following categories :
European Ales, American Ales, Belgian Ales, Wheats & Other.
There will be first second and third in each category but the big championship belt will go to the overall best in show. The Winners will be announced on Friday, June 16th at CRAFTOM!
QUESTIONS? Email: email@example.com